O.T. other uses for truck bed coating; RE: [Diy_efi] Runaway turbo diesel?

J M galaxiecustom500
Thu Sep 13 16:25:53 UTC 2007

Another use is making steering wheels.  On the 2004 Formula SAE car at Ohio State we used a sheet of carbon fiber cut to shape, added a hard foam to create the grips then sprayed the foam with truck bed coating from the local parts store.  Not as good as the commercially applied coatings but has held up very well.

The past few years we've been using Alcantra to cover the foam instead.

Jason

don.broadus at exeloncorp.com wrote: That is good to know, got the Rhino lining on my truck, it's good stuff