[Diy_efi] Diesel EFI?

Green, Yakir yakir.green
Thu Nov 18 12:10:59 UTC 2010

Guys, this is my first post to this list!

I have been reading most of it for a couple of years now ...
I have an old Toyota Diesel truck so I was unable to work on an EFI project (it has the mechanical injection pump).

Recently I was thinking about 2 options, one is changing the pump to a common rail setup, and then put in an EFI system that controls the Injectors.
2nd option is getting a new Toyota D4D engine (without the ECU) and adding an EFI system to it.

I was thinking about MegaSquirt, as the last V3 is supposed to be able to provide sequential Injector signal ... Is it enough for a Diesel?

I would appreciate any comment on the subject!

Thanks,

Yakir Green

A member of the Intel Corporation group of companies