[Diy_efi] Freescale reference designs

James Holland j_holland
Sun Nov 28 19:01:27 UTC 2010

I don't know if the Freescale engine management reference designs have been
mentioned on here before. There are two that I'm aware of, the small engine
reference design which is intended for single cylinder engines, primarily
motorbikes and scooters, and the low end engine control hardware design,
designed for 4-cylinder engines. These reference designs come with
documentation and software.
They may be of interest to anyone wanting some ready made\ hardware to
experiment with. The Low End design looks like it could be particularly
useful as the processor has the eTPU with the automotive mask set, although
it doesn't seem to be available on-line yet.

Small Engine Reference Design:
http://cache.freescale.com/files/analog/doc/user_guide/KT33812ECUUG.pdf?fsrc
h=1&sr=3

Low End Engine Control Reference Design:
http://cache.freescale.com/files/ftf_2010/Americas/WBNR_FTF10_AUT_F0679_PDF.
pdf?fsrch=1&sr=16

Regards
James