[Diy_efi] Brake pad spacers (sorry off topic but in need of help)

Dan dzorde
Sat Oct 23 04:58:14 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Sorry to be off topic, but I know the members of this list hold a wealth of
information on general automotive ideas.
Anyway, problem is my rear?calipers (4 piston fixed mount) are made for thicker
disks than I'm using (like 8mm thicker). So I want to space the pads to take out
some of the gap.
Sooo, has anyone ever just made a spacer that extends the piston length
(machined with a collar to sit in the end of it), rather than use a solid plate
spacer ?
In my case it is much faster to just turn up? 8x piston bungs instead of 4x
spacer plates.
The plan was to not have them solid on the end, but more like a very thick piece
of ally pipe (these are 1.75" pistons).
So any pros / cons for this ?
Expansion issues of the ally bungs in the piston, I could machine them slightly
smaller than the piston insides and hold them in place with an o-ring so they
don't rattle,

Cheers

Dan