[Diy_efi] O2 sensor location

Jim Butterfield jimbutterfield
Sun Feb 13 04:15:56 UTC 2011

Hello, I have not had your issue... but on most of the engine swaps I have done, we make sure that the front O2 sensor is as close to the exhaust port of the head. This is becasue as you have noticed the farther down you get the cooler the exhaust gets and no longer get true and accurate results. Running long tube headers is tough to have a good O2 reading. You could try wrapping the exhaust header with wrap. this would keep the heat in the pipe and better downstream temperature. This would result in better readings also, obviously.

jim

--- On Sat, 2/12/11, Ashley Wagner <a.wagner2 at cox.net> wrote:

From: Ashley Wagner <a.wagner2 at cox.net>
Subject: [Diy_efi] O2 sensor location
To: "Do It Yourself fuel injection" <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Date: Saturday, February 12, 2011, 9:14 AM

Hello, I have been running a heated O2 sensor at the collector of a?
long tube header. The header is on a 76 chevy PU and the tubes extend?
below the chassis into the airflow. During the day the everything?
works very well, but at night when the temp drops my wideband?
readings become very lean. (the wideband is only for datalogging) I?
am thinking that my O2 sensor is cooling off from the airflow?
surrounding it and giving faulty values to the ecm, it is a heated O2?
sensor. Has anyone had similar issues and other than replacing the?
header does anyone have a suggestion to remedy the problem?
??? 7747 ecm and TBI system
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? Thanks for your time

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.