[Diy_efi] Megasquirt

Mitch Barrie mitch
Fri Feb 18 22:47:26 UTC 2011

I have been mulling a project for some time (over a decade) and am not
sure where to start.

I have a ZZ4 crate motor that I have long wanted to convert to EFI.
There are kits available from people like Holley and Edelbrock for this
application, but I am more interested in using a standard GM TPI intake
and manifold.  I could also use the factory electronics, but lately I
have been wondering whether using something like Megasquirt might make
it a little easier of a project.  On the one hand, the factory set-up is
complete, but will require a lot of noodling around to get right.  On
the other, the Megasquirt might offer a little more flexibility.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Mitch