[Diy_efi] Megasquirt

bhu678 at gmail.com bhu678
Sat Feb 19 19:58:11 UTC 2011

Wow, had to look twice there.  I'm doing a MegaSquirt conversion on my
Z*2*4 motor right now . . . .   The MegaSquirt is a little intimidating
at first, but the flexibility is unbelievable.  I watch my Mustang
friend fight it out with his factory ECU and I just have to smile,
knowing what I paid for my setup vs. what he pays every time he needs a
guy with a programmer to change his tune. I paid less than 400 for my
ECU, stim board, harness, and USB cable - I make changes whenever I
want, even while driving if I have my laptop with me.  He pays $75 every
time he wants a change, just so he can keep his sh#tty factory ecu.  I
don't get it - I think he's just afraid of the learning curve.  Buy your
MS from DIYAutoTune in Atlanta, their kits and service after the sale
are legendary.  They even have a guy who spends most of his day on the
forums answering questions. . . .  The way I kept mine simple was to
ditch the distributor first (EDIS + MS sending advance), then to go to
port injection.  Still doing phase 2, since my motor never came with
port injection, I'm having to get more creative than normal.

Scott B
Gainesville, FL
84 Datsun 720 Kingcab 4x4 - z24(e)
74 Datsun 260z - L28 (F54/P90a) - also an MS project under way