[Diy_efi] Megasquirt

blitz at teamblitz.com blitz
Sun Feb 20 04:12:25 UTC 2011

1. Like my friend Dr. Plecan (RIP) used to say, the ECM code for each OEM
was BY LAW compelled to be publicly accessible. In the event, it has not
been, and the EPA has never forced the OEMs to live up to the
Congressional mandate. So BIG FRICKING DEAL if the GM code was cracked and
now older versions are open to the public. It was always supposed to be
anyway, by law.

2. And Dr. Plecan would vehemently disagree with me on this next point.
However, here goes: DUH! People load up all sorts of great ideas on a
forum for a FREE ECM called MSqt, and then they're SHOCKED (shocked!) when
somebody decides to package it and sell it to non-programmers and
non-solderers. Oh really, come on. You'd have to be Snow White-naive and
Dwarf-dumb to not expect that. Has anybody heard of Linux? Case closed.

Norm