[Diy_efi] thinking about EFI'ing my motorcycle

J M galaxiecustom500
Tue Feb 22 13:33:57 UTC 2011

Probably the easiest solution is to get a set of Throttle bodies with injectors from a bike that was fuel injected. ?
Around here Honda CBR600F4i parts with low miles are plentiful at the cycle salvage yards, too many first time riders think it's a good "starter" bike. ?
Jason

--- On Tue, 2/22/11, Szymon Jachim <sjachim at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Szymon Jachim <sjachim at gmail.com>
Subject: [Diy_efi] thinking about EFI'ing my motorcycle
To: "diy_efi" <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Date: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 6:48 AM

Hey guys,??I have this crazy idea to EFI my motorcycle (1992 Suzuki Bandit GSF400).?It's a great bike to go through my city (lane splitting is not forbidden in my country), but making it more powerful, reliable and a bit more fuel efficient would make it even better.

The thing is that it's using four (quite small) 32mm MIKUNI carbs.And I have no idea what to use for TB. The rest is just a matter of spending some money on fuel pump, oxygene sensor, and MicroSquirt of course and then a dozens of hours to build it and and tune... ?Any suggestions regarding throttle bodies?
I was thinking about making?appropriate?holes in carbs and putting injectors at an angle... or using unmodified, unfueled carbs as TBs and injecting into the manifolds... The thing is that I don't have place, tools and?experience?to do any welding and machining. I would need to "outsource" this work to somebody. :-)

TIA
Szymon