[Diy_efi] thinking about EFI'ing my motorcycle

Szymon Jachim sjachim
Tue Feb 22 11:48:30 UTC 2011

Hey guys,
  I have this crazy idea to EFI my motorcycle (1992 Suzuki Bandit GSF400).
It's a great bike to go through my city (lane splitting is not forbidden in
my country), but making it more powerful, reliable and a bit more fuel
efficient would make it even better.

The thing is that it's using four (quite small) 32mm MIKUNI carbs.
And I have no idea what to use for TB. The rest is just a matter of spending
some money on fuel pump, oxygene sensor, and MicroSquirt of course and then
a dozens of hours to build it and and tune...  Any suggestions regarding
throttle bodies?
I was thinking about making appropriate holes in carbs and putting injectors
at an angle... or using unmodified, unfueled carbs as TBs and injecting into
the manifolds... The thing is that I don't have place, tools
and experience to do any welding and machining. I would need to "outsource"
this work to somebody. :-)

TIA

Szymon