[Diy_efi] Detuning Motorhomes

Aaron aaron
Thu Jan 13 20:50:21 UTC 2011

Tee Hee indeed.

I?ve passed that along to the shop owner.

From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On Behalf Of Cowen
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 9:25 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: [Diy_efi] Detuning Motorhomes

Quote:

It?s quiet, very quiet, almost too quiet.

So I feel the need to share a recent story.

This past year I help tune a Holley Commander 950 put on a 78 GMC motorhome with a 403 Olds  engine.

I was impressed with the way it ran.

But the customer was not.

He has come back to the shop owner I was helping and complained about the power level at take off.

Seems he keeps spinning the tires leaving the stop light.

He ask if we could de-tune his motorhome.

????

De-tune a MOTORHOME !

Now that?s now a phrase I thought I?d be saying.

Did you tell him how easy it would be to do?  After all, you only have to change one nut - the one behind the wheel!

(tee hee)