[Diy_efi] High idle after highway driving

Bill Hamilton scoutii76
Wed Jan 26 17:53:14 UTC 2011

If this was a conversion then my question is:
Does it have a VSS?
While fine for off road, there are driveability issues with not running one.
I also run a little higher IAC count(about 40) at idle so it has more room to adjust idle should it get lost.
The IAC counts in the data log have nothing to do with the actual position of the IAC since there is no real feedback.
The counts are based on where the ECM thinks the IAC is.
AFAIK-that's why it does a reset at different times to ensure it knows the position.
One is while driving. the other is on shut down. The last thing it does is drive the IAC closed then it goes to the park count specified in the bin.

Stalling when coming to a stop is also a side affect of no VSS.
 Bill