[Diy_efi] High idle after highway driving

Aaron aaron
Wed Jan 26 13:37:28 UTC 2011

If it worked before and is only messing up recently, then a sticking IAC is
a good possibility, like Mike says.
A plugged passage is also a place to look.

Do you see the high count position during your in town driving?
Since the GM TBI IAC is a stepper motor basically, it may have a bad
position.

-----Original Message-----
From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:58 AM
To: Ashley Wagner; Do It Yourself fuel injection
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] High idle after highway driving

By IAC I guess u mean Idle Air Adjust,

Can you tell if the unit is jamming due to high changes or anything else,
perhaps less vibration at highway, round town its shaking more as engine
revs up and down... Is the pwm signal to it different, does the O2 feedback
loop stay on when idle on TPS, tried tapping the IAC to see if it shifts up
or down
esp after highway cycle etc etc,
regards
mike