[Diy_efi] [off topic] performance meter app

Fred Cooke fred.cooke
Thu Nov 10 16:10:09 UTC 2011

"Nothing is more entertaining than rolling down an electric window on a $2
million dollar prototype and have it shut off the engine in a sputtering
death."

LOL, yep! I have a friend with a prototype FreeEMS with no enclosure, just
raw circuit boards and wires... he took his girlfriend somewhere in the car
and she put her handbag down next to the contraption. I got a VERY
concerned email from him telling me about how the car started bucking and
misbehaving and eventually died completely forcing him to pull over and
stop, but then it started up just fine and had no further issues for the
rest of the drive. When I got the log I was confused for a while, then I
recognised that distinctive GSM pattern in the waveforms (100hz full data)
and it clicked! She got a text message! LOL! Log screeny:

FreeEMS-GSM-Receive-Mode.png<http://stuff.fredcooke.com/FreeEMS-GSM-Receive-Mode.png>

:-)