[Diy_efi] direct injection

Avery Nisbet anisbet
Thu Sep 8 20:07:19 UTC 2011

I have heard from VAG mechanics that they still have trouble with
this. This is with the current TSFI engines found in the audi's and VW
in the US.

Though TDI engines have been around for years I only hear of them
clogging up the EGR system not the intake ports.

I think most of this is due to EGR issues and dirty air.  Where else
would any substance that would/could coke on the intake port/valve
come from if you have DI.  The washing action of Port injection
probably helped with badly designed EGR systems in the past.

For DIY at home "testing" of DI, EGR systems could probably be avoided.

-Avery