[Diy_efi] OT: Exhaust Fluid?

Aaron aaron
Wed Jan 4 14:23:47 UTC 2012

WHAT ?
Diesel Spark Plugs ?
Exhaust Fluid ?
I can't take any more.

Here is a muffler bearing.
http://gmcmotorhome.info/figs/ypipe/Add-a-90.jpg
Look at the black part on the frame where the 3" pipe goes through.
In 1973, the GMC parts book called the silicone ring under that black steel
ring a muffler bearing.
By 1974, GMC changed it to an insulator.

Back in the early '90's, I replaced a working sealed beam / non halogen
Lucas Headlight in a Jaguar. The customer did not like his friends joking
about the oil sealed inside. The running joke was, "Everything Lucas makes
leaks oil."
How I'm thinking it was just blinker fluid.

Seems everything I knew about cars is now upside down.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Holland [mailto:j_holland at btopenworld.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 3:34 AM
To: Aaron; teeleton at philter.com
Cc: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] OT: Exhaust Fluid?

This is the area in which I'm currently working. There is a second method of
aftertreatment control which involves burning highly atomised diesel to
raise the pre-cat temperature of the exhaust, it seems to be less favoured
by manufacturers because of the detrimental effect on fuel consumption
figures. It does however mean that jokes about spark plugs for diesel are
now redundant.
regards
James