[Diy_efi] AUJP Prom

Mike Fisher mfisher
Sat Mar 3 02:25:09 UTC 2012

Here is a question.   Are these chips on Ebay legit?  I didn't think a
V6 chip could be converted to use with a V8?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/90-92-CAMARO-FIREBIRD-TPI-ECM-MEMCAL-AUJP-PROM-/190645297857?hash=item2c635862c1&item=190645297857&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Avery Nisbet <anisbet at gmail.com> wrote:
> You could get the ostrich from Moates.net its an emulator that you can
> leave in the car after tuning it.
> You might need an adaptor board for it. They just give you a good
> place to plug the ostrich into.
>
> Tunerpro software is freeish ?send the guy the $30 donation its worth it.
>

> Anything on top of this is gravy but a wideband O2 sensor/controller
> like Ashley says is one of those things you really shouldn't be tuning
> with out it.
> An ALDP cable is also very helpful for datalogging. ?Moates has those
> too. Other places have them cheaper I just trust the one from Moates
> over the cheap ones on Ebay.
>
> -Avery
>
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Ashley Wagner <a.wagner2 at cox.net> wrote:
>> You will need a copy of CATS or TunerPro software to change the
>> values or burn a new PROM, an intronics or moates chipburner and
>> emulator and ? datalogging software. ?I think TunerPro has the
>> funcionality for datalogging the TPI systems. WIN ALDL is good for
>> TBI systems. Look into these to see which system works for you. I use
>> WIN ALDL when datalogging TBI and CATS to change the values in the
>> PROM for TBI systems. ?You may need a wideband O2 sensor setup to get
>> worthwhile O2 data Innovate is the system I use.

Mike Fisher
Network Administrator
Southeast Kansas Education Service Center
http://helpdesk.greenbush.org
(620) 724-6281

This message is from the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center.
This message and any attachments may contain information that is
confidential and/or legally privileged. It is intended only for the
use of the individual(s) and entity named above as the recipient of
the message. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or
if this message has been addressed to you in error, please notify the
sender immediately. We ask that you please delete this message, and do
not deliver, distribute or copy the message or any attachments. Thank
you.