[Diy_efi] Stepper Motor to drive mechaical speedo

Steven Donegan donegan
Sun Oct 14 16:12:00 UTC 2012

I'll beg to differ as I just took 2nd place in a race with a digital speedo (.18 seconds off the first place guy) :-) But if you believe in that theory then more power to you :-)

The goal of the race is to be exactly on time... My target was 100 mph, my actual was 99.something :-)

____________
Steven Donegan
SSCC/NORC Life Member, Car #86
www.sscc.us

--- On Sun, 10/14/12, ScottyGrover at aol.com <ScottyGrover at aol.com> wrote:

From: ScottyGrover at aol.com <ScottyGrover at aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Stepper Motor to drive mechaical speedo
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Date: Sunday, October 14, 2012, 3:59 PM

An analog (needle) speedo is easier to read and provides more (intuitive)
information than a digital unit.
?
Scotty from Hollyweird
?
.
?

In a message dated 10/14/2012 8:25:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
donegan at donegan.org writes:

      Why? A simple digital speedo would be much simpler and
        likely more accurate? Just curious.

Steven Donegan
SSCC/NORC Life Member, Car
www.sscc.us