[Diy_efi] Stepper Motor to drive mechaical speedo

Milosz Kardasinski miloszk
Sun Oct 14 17:28:17 UTC 2012

I have experimented with a speedometer from a Jeep. I used a Nema 8
200steps/rev motor direct coupled to the speedo.

I came to the conclusion, that microstepping is unnecessary. Stepper
drive voltage is directly proportional to max speed, with a 12v
drive...selecting a motor with the lowest possible winding inductance
is key to higher RPM.

MK.