[Diy_efi] TPI Question

David Allen davida1
Wed Oct 17 14:33:32 UTC 2012

Mike, any V8 application MEMCAL can be programmed with AUJP and work properly. The problem with the 6 cyl MEMCAL's is, they give "cylinder select" error because there is some hard-wired circuitry in the MEMCAL which is configured for a 6 cylinder engine.

There is probably a way to modify the 6 cyl MEMCAL so it will work with a V8, but I haven't had to explore that option. So far all my projects have been V6 except for one - and that one had a V8 MEMCAL already.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Fisher
  To: Do It Yourself fuel injection
  Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:26 AM
  Subject: [Diy_efi] TPI Question

  Since joining this list over a year ago, I think I had only seen one email until the past week.  So, I am going to re-ask a question I asked a while back that I really didn't get any response to.

  I have a 91 Tuned Port Injection setup from a Firebird that I installed on my 87 Mustang GT that I drag race with a 355 small block in it.  I was running a stock AUJP chip that a friend of mine had, but he needed it back a few months ago (since they are getting hard to find).  Anyway, what I am wondering is if there is a way to program another chip with the AUJP code, or anything better to run a TPI system with?  I have seen that people have reprogrammed some of the V6 chips with the AUJP code on Ebay, but wonder if they actually will work right.  Thanks!

  Mike