[Diy_efi] Projects

don.broadus at exeloncorp.com don.broadus
Thu Oct 18 14:21:57 UTC 2012

Very nice car, great detail on the engine. Thanks for posting.

________________________________

From: diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org [mailto:diy_efi-bounces at diy-efi.org]
On Behalf Of William Henning
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2012 7:19 AM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] Projects

Nice Ride!

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Clair Davis <clair.davis at charter.net>
wrote:

Probably a good refresher for me to think about this again.  I've talked
bit about my project with some of you in the past, most likely on the
GM-ECM
list.

My project is installing a GM TPI-based MPI on a 1969 Plymouth Valiant
sedan.  The car was my daily driver for years, and I've been setting the
car
up as a fun cruiser and SCCA auto-cross / road racer as it becomes more
of a
toy.  I started the swap to EFI after fuel and oil control issues became
the
limiting handling factors.

The system is based on a 7730, and includes a number of GM and
Chrysler-based parts.  I'm tuning with TunerProRT and Moates' APU1, and
have some version of AUJP in the car now.  I have been able to drive the
car
some, but most of my tuning progress was made just before and shortly
after
my 1st son was born - 7 years ago.  I really need to get this car back
on
the road and enjoy driving it again, and the tuning is all that is
preventing that from happening right now.   Idle is nice and WOT is
surprising, but that bit in the middle is trouble...

I'm hoping that over the next few months I'll be able to sort out the
part
throttle cruise problems enough to be able to drive it to a local dyno
shop
and do some more detailed tuning off the highways and side streets.  I'm
also seriously considering a move to a different control system if it
will
significantly ease my tuning chores, but I've got quite a bit invested
in
this OBD-I setup, so the benefit/cost has to be there.

Here's some eye-candy for sticking with me so far...

The car as she was right before the EFI project started, all the
suspension
goodies in place:
http://www.moparfins.com/clairdavis/webimages/69sedan/In_The_Park2-PS-Cl
ippe
d.jpg
<http://www.moparfins.com/clairdavis/webimages/69sedan/In_The_Park2-PS-C
lipped.jpg>

And here's the engine after getting all the hard parts bolted down for
keeps:
http://www.moparfins.com/clairdavis/webimages/69sedan/upgrades/efi/TB_Se
rp_O
n-small.jpg
<http://www.moparfins.com/clairdavis/webimages/69sedan/upgrades/efi/TB_S
erp_On-small.jpg>

Thanks,

Clair
DFWTX

This e-mail and any of its attachments may contain Exelon
Corporation proprietary information, which is privileged,
confidential, or subject to copyright belonging to the Exelon
Corporation family of Companies.
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation
to the contents of and attachments to this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail
in error, please notify the sender immediately and permanently
delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any printout.
Thank You.