[Diy_efi] Stepper Motor to drive mechaical speedo

David Allen davida1
Mon Oct 22 22:05:53 UTC 2012

If all you are doing is scaling the frequency, it can be done fairly easily.

I wrote a simple program that was based on counting program cycles and
multiplying (or dividing by a scalar).

It would count program cycles between low>high transitions on the input
signal.

Then divide this by the scalar, and toggle the output after the scaled
number of program cycles.

The scalar is read from an ADC input fed from a 15-turn pot. Therefore the
device can be adjusted on-the-fly.

Very quick, cheap, and dirty - but it works surprisingly well.

Sincerely,
David