[Diy_efi] TPI Question

Mike Fisher mfisher
Tue Oct 30 16:31:56 UTC 2012

If I remember right, the 89 anjf programming did away with the cold start
injector.  I am mostly just wanting to get rid of that, and turn off vats
and knock.  The application will be used for drag race only, so it will be
full throttle or nothing.

On Oct 30, 2012 11:03 AM, "Bill Hamilton" <scoutii76 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> What do you consider the latest MAF code.
> If not a code for the 7165 then it can't be used in the 7165 AFAIK.
> There are a few ECM/PCM that share hardware like the 7727/7730/7749 or
7060/7427/6395 that can share bin codes but I do not know of any that share
with the 7165 that would actually gain you anything.
> The gears are compensated for in the DRAC/VSSB and there are programming
options for manual and autos since GM used both.
www.thirdgen.org and read up on their programming FAQs.
> Most I see that used to run the 7165 end up swapping it out for something
newer.

> ________________________________
> Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 08:18:03 -0500
> From: mfisher at ckt.net
> To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
> Subject: Re: [Diy_efi] TPI Question
>
> Nobody has any thoughts?
> On Oct 22, 2012 10:33 PM, "Mike Fisher" <mfisher at ckt.net> wrote:
>>
>> Alright guys, to add to this conversation....  I found my old 1227165
ECM and ABWT MAF memcal.  Here is my next question on this one.  Can these
be reprogrammed to the latest MAF code?  And can it be programmed for
gears, manual shift, etc?  I am just not sure what my options are.  Since I
am not sure what mods have been done with this engine I am using, it may
just be better to use a MAF setup since it will adjust better without
having to be fine tuned as much.

>> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Brian Koontz <brian at pongonova.net>
wrote:

>>> It's probably the same one.  I should work on getting all that data
>>> online in a format that's updatable, because my copy has all sorts of
>>> little notations and whatnot.
>>>
>>>   --Brian
>>>

>> --
>> Mike Fisher
>> Network Administrator
>> Southeast Kansas Education Service Center
>> http://helpdesk.greenbush.org
>> (620) 724-6281
>>
>> This message is from the Southeast Kansas Education Service Center. This
message and any attachments may contain information that is confidential
and/or legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the
individual(s) and entity named above as the recipient of the message. If
you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has
been addressed to you in error, please notify the sender immediately. We
ask that you please delete this message, and do not deliver, distribute or
copy the message or any attachments. Thank you.