[Diy_efi] 'Logmaster?' & Facebook formatted as discussion site...

Brian Koontz brian
Sat Mar 16 07:37:39 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 04:17:40PM +0800, Mike wrote:
> btw: I wonder if admins &/+ support staff of this email list
> have considered linking to a facebook prepared link, one
> that is set up more for discussions and photo sharing etc,
> certainly more convenient re photo-libraries & uploading etc

I suppose that would be me!  I'm opposed to a move to FB as
there are many (myself included) who do not have FB accounts for
various reasons I won't delve in here.  Two possiblities exist:
One is to move the list to a forum-based format that supports
hosting of pictures, etc.  The other is to simply use a free
service such as photobucket or flickr, coupled with a
URL-shortening service such as tinyURL to post URLs on the list.

I don't think we sustain enough traffic to support a forum-based
format to be truthful, but I'm open to suggestions.

  --Brian