[Efi332] Quick project update to the list...

David Eicher sailors3
Mon Aug 29 12:20:03 UTC 2005

Hi Paul,

Impressive accomplishments! Wow! I?ll be watching with interest for future
updates on your progress with the fuel control. Thanks for sharing your
progress with the list.

I?m not sure if I?m the Dave you address, but I?ll give you a status anyway:

Accomplishments:

1) GNU tools in place, but no GDB/Insight yet, need better debug capability
(working on getting CodeWarrior also, might hear this week on that).
2) Ported newlib for use on my MPC555 platform so now have a library.
3) Have a BIT (built-in-test) monitor program running (from Jeff Clarke) on
my target to be used for testing the hardware, making sure the stepper
motor, injector drivers, sensor inputs, etc., are all connected properly and
working.

Next steps:
1) Complete some of the test code in the monitor program.
2) Burn this monitor program and it's associated exception vector table into
flash with vectors to trampoline (vectored out to a table in RAM so I can
test interrupt based routines for many functions.
3) Port uC/OS-II RTOS to my target, get it configured. Probably at this
point I will figure out interrupts, need them for many things, including
interrupt based QSCI for instrumenting data, my own custom PMMX, etc.
4) Port efi332 fuel management to uC/OS-II environment.
5) Add ignition control (my engine is LS1 - no distributor, coil-near-plug
for each cylinder). As part of this I will need to either figure out the LS1
crank position sensor pattern (new and different from 60-2, etc.) and write
TPU microcode for it, or mount a crank trigger wheel on the pulley like you
did. You have confirmed what I suspected that this must be precision
mounted, I can't drill three holes with a hand drill and bolt it on, or I'd
have serious run-out problems.
6) Test engine management thoroughly with simulator (simulated inputs).
7) Move it to engine, test and tune.
8) Drive the car 8-)

Best regards,

Dave