[Efi332] (from a Newbe) Just want to know...

Paul Helmuth PaulHelmuth
Fri Jun 3 04:46:54 UTC 2005

...if there is any current activity on the original EFI332 project, or of course, an updated version of the project.

I have been working on developing an ECU based on the Motorola/Freescale MPC555 for some time. I am working with the Phytec development board, the GCC tool chain, a Macraigor Wiggler, and a Flash Programmer from Macraigor.

I am working with a 60-2 crank trigger wheel from Electromotive (with one of there sensors). I am using the TPU micro code from the EFI332 FTP archive that is set up for a 60-2 input train.

I have quite a bit of stuff working, though not a complete system yet. I will be testing the ignition triggering this month, then work on adding the fuel injection.

I have a pretty nice lap-top monitor/tuner application that communicates with the MPC555 through one of it's on-chip serial ports.

In the past, I have had some questions about the TPU microcode, but I have the major functions (PMMX, PSP12, LPWM2) working just fine now.

Just wanted to see if there were some other nuts like me, that I could share being nuts with.

-Paul.