[Efi332] (from a Newbe) Just want to know...

Doug Brunner doug
Fri Jun 3 09:40:56 UTC 2005

I'm also working on a new Phytec-555 based computer, for the University
of Delaware's Formula SAE car. I had a system based on the old EFI332
4-layer board working, but it suffered a series of glitches after
sitting for a few months that I was unable to fix, or even trace down.
We decided to go with a new system that could avoid the shortcomings of
the original 332 board (large, high component count, glitch-prone). I'm
presently designing the carrier board that will hold input buffers,
signal conditioning, injector drivers, and open-collector outputs to
connect to the ignition box.

I expect a lot of my code to carry over, and the remainder is mostly
configuration, which should be simple (no need to interface with
external ADC's, etc., like on the 332 board). I developed a
serial-port-based tuner program of my own that can be configured for
multiple arrangements and sizes of tables (e.g. you can change table
resolution without any programming changes), which I'll be updating to
support floating-point data types. You can take a look at my codebase on
the DIY-EFI ftp site, in /incoming; the code for the 332 is
efi332-code-udsae-2005.tar.gz and the tuner program is zut-1.0.tar.gz.

       --Doug Brunner