[Efi332] (from a Newbe) Just want to know...

BowTieVette at aol.com BowTieVette
Sat Jun 4 02:21:19 UTC 2005

Hi Paul,
There is not too much traffic on the old efi332 list these days. We lost
most of the subscribers when the diy server took a dump a while back and many
folks never came back. I still have a working system in my car, and it still
works great.

I know that Doug's target is an FSAE car, what is your target?

Make it three nuts on the use of the Phytec. I have a carrier board  designed
and built, with software bringing up the rear. There are a couple of  photos
of the board at James MPC555 site here:
_http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~jasmith/mpc555/_ (http://www.ee.ualberta.ca/~jasmith/mpc555/)  look  at bullet number 8
near the top amongst a note about the mc33394 power  supply. Its chockablock
full of drivers and IO capability with all TPU  lines going to drivers of one
sort or another. There are at least a couple of  other lurkers also working
with the 555/565 on this list.

I'm using a port of my 332 code with a pile of enhancements. I use a  Labview
based console program for serial comm, datalogging, replays etc. Most of  my
old stuff, although now quite dated is on the sourceforge efi332 site
including a few notes on the 58XX TPU functions. I should be replacing the  venerable
332 in my car sometime this summer.
Jeff
more notes below..

In a message dated 6/3/2005 5:41:37 AM Eastern Standard Time, doug at udel.edu