[Efi332] XFI555 GNU C Questions

sailors3 at comcast.net sailors3
Wed Jun 15 05:38:27 UTC 2005

Hi Paul,

I have not gotten far enough on the project yet to have learned anything about the mask sets. So..., Jeff is your best bet for insight in that area. I will be learning about that soon though, I believe.

It is exciting that you are doing the same thing I am (GNU/Phytec555)! We need to stay in contact and share info, for sure! I'm not even that far from you in Iowa, maybe we can meet somewhere when we are driving our efi cars to view each other's project.

I am putting this efi on my LS1 engine, which has a built in crank sensor. I would prefer to use that, but as Jeff pointed out, it is a very different approach to position sensing and represents a separate project all by itself. In the meantime, I suppose I will figure out how to mount a 60-2 wheel also (which might be a project all by itself). I will need to figure out the cam sensor too, it might just be one pulse per revolution.

looking forward to working with you more!

regards,

dave

David,

This isn?t in response (at least not directly) to your question/post regarding the GNU tool chain. However, I may be able to help you with some things.

I have been working (by myself) on an MPC555 based engine management system for some time now. Of course, the going is a bit slow when you are doing everything yourself.

Anyway, I am also using the GNU tool chain and a Phytec 555 development board ? so I may be able to answer a lot of questions (but not necessarily, as I am learning this as I go).

I would be very interested to learn if there is any ?current? archive or copy of the TPU code that was/is being used. I was unable to get a related emulation mask (one that Pieter Siebold used in the AEMS555 project) to work. However, I have had some luck using a standard automotive mask available form Motorola (TPUMSKAB). That being said, from what I have seen the mask developed for the EFI332 project would be ideally suited (as I am using a 60 minus 2 crank wheel and many features are nicely accommodated ? as far as I can tell).

Is there any active copy of this mask that folks are working on?

Paul A. Helmuth
Software Development
Cardiovascular Imaging Technologies
4320 Wornall Road Suite 55