[Efi332] Where can I find info about 4 layer board

Jeff Clarke bowtievette
Tue Apr 18 19:54:30 UTC 2006

Better get ready for a barrage of interest in that software Darrin. It contains the keys to the hardware interfaces to make use of all those junkyard computers out there. What's the chance of prying loose a copy?
Sent wirelessly via my BlackBerry.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Steve Ravet" <Steve.Ravet at arm.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:17:52
To:<efi332 at diy-efi.org>
Subject: RE: [Efi332] Where can I find info about 4 layer board

Part of the reflashing procedure is a seed/key sequence where the programmer requests a seed from the computer, calculates a key based on it, and sends it back to the computer.? If the key is right then the computer "unlocks" itself and allows the loader to run.? This communication happens over the OBD2 bus using the J1850 protocol.
?
One way around this is to reverse engineer the key algorithm.? I've seen descriptions of it, it's not that difficult.
?
Another way around this is to reflash via the BDM port.? With your BDM tools you've probably got everything you need to do this, except for a BDM connector on the PCB itself.? I wrote an article on the gmecm page that describes how to add a BDM connector.? It also comes with reflashing software, but it's a prototype and very slow.? Your own loader, of course, won't use any seed/key algorithms.? You can find the article by going to diy-efi.org, clicking gmecm, then ecm info, then using BDM to dump and reflash.
?
--steve