[Efi332] Re: Where can I find info about 4 layer board

Darrin Garrett mrgrimes1
Thu Apr 20 04:57:29 UTC 2006

  Well the division that created this code is no more and the same fate for the product, but the company still exists.  I think any info regarding peripheral?s register addresses and what not, would be OK to release, also none of the algorithms that were developed were not patented.

  Just a quick overview of this GMWPX software product: It was used in a heavy duty spark ignited diesel conversion application meant for busses and large stationary engines that ran on natural gas, hydrogen, or propane, up to 8 cylinders.  The code handled drive by wire throttle in order to increase efficiency by always limiting any pumping losses due to throttle angle.  It was mostly meant for boosted lean burn A/F ratios but the code would work at any ratio, rich or lean, as long as the engine could handle it.  It had waist gate control, sequential spark control for individual cylinder timing and dwell of each individual coil, (Delphi coils on each plug), jerk detection (which did work very well), Drive by wire throttle, a single PWM controlled non linear fuel control valve for the gaseous fuel, fuel mass measurement, speed density A/F control ( map, temp,
), the knock control hardware was there and the pezio electric device's input could be detected but the code for
 this was not finished and was stubbed out beyond this.  It had table driven feed forward PIDs for just about all of its  feed back control algorithms including control of a lean burn ego sensor with external hardware/driver O2 pumps, which I do not have or its associated documents, and heuristic learning.  All this from a ECU meant for light duty V8s.