[Efi332] comments on reorganizing lists

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Wed Feb 8 15:33:48 UTC 2006

	What I would propose is that along with a switch (assuming you
decide to pursue it), that we change the list name to something more
generic in an attempt to draw in more folks. I don't frequent the other
diy lists but my recollection is that even the diy list focuses more on
OEM controller hacking and tuning than on from scratch hardware and
software design. If this isn't the case, someone speak up and set me
straight.

The DIY list has a wide range of topics, but you're right that there's
not much in the way of discussion about the computing hardware,
algorithms, etc.  The name could change to diy_efi_controller or
something else, or the list could be merged back into diy_efi.  It's
certainly on topic for that list, the reason it was split in the first
place was to avoid arguments like "I think we should use the
8051/Z80/HC12/whatever".

I posted the question to all of the lists but since JC runs this one and
since I'm not really involved in the project it I'll let JC and the rest
of y'all decide what to do in terms of changing the name or merging back
to DIY or leaving things as-is.  Nothing has to change, each list can be
it's own format.

--steve

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.  Thank you.