[Efi332] alternate processors

Steve Ravet Steve.Ravet
Wed Jan 3 03:51:33 UTC 2007

I work with ARM processors all the time.  Much higher clock speeds than
CPU32 cores, and some include caches and MMUs.  32 bit address space,
and from 32 to 128 bit internal datapaths.  Also a 16 bit instruction
set that provides reduced access to the normal internal datapath.
They're available in highly integrated versions from many different
manufacturers.

> and the 68332. We went for the
> '332 because the TPU gave us a huge amount of flexability,
> which is a huge advantage when management keeps changing the
> specs. We were also looking for a well established processor
> from a well established company.

Unfortunately ARM doesn't have a TPU and I don't know if any ARM
partners have one.  But ARM qualifies on the other 2 counts!

--steve