DIY WB update NOW Turbos

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Fri Aug 14 06:47:35 GMT 1998

Depends on application.
WOT Drag racing, kinda hard to be too big.
Closed course road racing, where you need lots of throttle response, can be
a problem.
Bonneville, never heard of too much I/C.

I would imagine that you could get into sag, problems.  As opposed to lag.
Lag being the delay in the turbo spooling up.  Sag, being from intake tract
ducting.  having an extremely large volume of air to change speed, could
lead to some problems in response.

Turbos are just such different animals.  So much is just about exhaust heat.

Small turbo, large I/C, gets things spooling good, and great IATs.  But
gonna be limited in ultimate flow.  Large Turbo, smaller I/C gets sluggish
from having to spin the turbo up, but better top end.  All about trade offs.
Which do you want/need.

Or maybe all things in moderation.  Then use Water Injection.
Bruce

From: <sapearso at rockwellcollins.com>
Subject: Re: DIY WB update NOW Turbos