7-Pin HEI Module

Jason Weir jweir at worldnet.att.net
Sun Apr 4 16:08:30 GMT 1999

Padgett 0sirius wrote:

> >>Does anyone know of an application where a 7-pin HEI module fits inside
> >>a big cap distributor.  I want to switch from an external to an internal
> >>coil setup, but the distributor I got only came with the 4-pin module..
>
> Would not advise it if you can avoid, separate coil is really a lot better.
> There are certain problem associated with the integral coil (red oxide
> gumming up the advance) that I have only seen in integral applications.

Its in a jeep so to make things easier to waterproof, BTW I wont be
running any mechanical advance... so the red oxide buildup really wont
be a problem. thanks for the info.

Jason Weir
88 Wrangler - 155K miles and counting
258 I6, 4.0 head, Cherokee header, 2 1/2 exhaust with high flow cat &
Flowmaster
GM TBI, Crane 260H Cam
TJ Fender Flares
http://home.att.net/~jweir