prom dump program (and emulator editor)

Terry/Carol Kelley terryk at foothill.net
Thu Apr 8 01:15:03 GMT 1999

>I think the best GM PROM editor I have seen is Terry Kelly's GMEPRO.
>it's intelligent, gives you a list of tables (from a .EPE file) and even
>translates the data to the real world values instead of just popping up a
>table of hex digits... you want to change timing at LV8 of 160 for 4800 RPM
>and GMEpro shows 14 degrees, not the hex equiv... you highlight it, type
>the new value you want and save it.
>It's great and I use it exclusively for my car.  Terry,
>You have a limited function demo for the FTP site?

"This testimonial is not from a drug crazed Sterno-Bum, but a respected law
enforcement officer" 8^). Too much Firesign Theatre.

Thanks for the comments, Dave

I already have the hooks in GMEPro for the emulator so when you change a
value, it will convert it to binary and send it to the correct address. If
somewrites the emulator code and gives me the interface routines, I would be
more than happy to add it to GMEPro.

That's the problem I had with the LDTI. I had to know the addresses and make
the conversion. I finally just ran GMEPro in one window and the emulator in
another, made the change in GMEPro, saved it and loaded it into the
emulator.

I asked for the interface routines for LDTI, but they declined. As I said
before, at idle, the car would sometimes die even though they claimed it was
on the fly editing.

As far as a demo, the GMER.ZIP is an OLD OLD version. Pro is far different
(although the front end is similar).

I guess I could put a crippleware version on incoming for people to play
with.

Regards

Terry Kelley

1986 Olds Ciera GT 3800 Supercharged