EPROM Emulator Proposal

Terry/Carol Kelley terryk at foothill.net
Thu Apr 8 01:23:19 GMT 1999

If the emulator is powered externally (many are powered by the ECM), then
the ECM is irrelevant. I think bank switching is likely the easiest to
implement. Writing the routines to get into a memory location during an off
memory cycle sounds easy until you start soldering parts together.

Unless someone want to spend tons of time on this and not get much back,
KISS. Bank switch, and toggle OE and CS. To keep the load time down, write
to the off bank (one or many bytes) and then switch it in.

The problem is the off bank with be behind one edit, so it will need to be
updated right after a toggle with the new bytes.

So on the first load of the emulator, load the binary and make that bank
active. Then use the editor to change the code in the off bank. Switch the
banks, update the new off bank and allow editing on it.

Terry Kelley

1986 Olds Ciera GT 3800 Supercharged