1987 5.0L TPI / T5 BIN File

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Apr 8 13:40:20 GMT 1999

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bruce & Lisa Wilcox
  To: GMECM
  Sent: Thursday, April 08, 1999 2:41 PM
  Subject: 1987 5.0L TPI / T5 BIN File

  Just in case your not aware, if you start with those specific bin files, then the locations that have been mentioned here (for various tables/switches/settings), may or maynot be of any use to you.   GM uses numerous programs within a given series of bin files.  So some tables might line up, and others would be wrong.  There are several things that you can do.  To utilize what has been mentioned you can add a P/N feed wire to the ecm, and ground that, and use a auto calibration.  Or do that with the long term goal of finding the switches settings for changing it to a manual type bin..
    So far more has been printed about the ARAP bin, for the 165 then any other I know of
  Cheers
  Bruce
           Still hunting for owls......

  Does anyone have a 1987 5.0L TPI / T5 BIN file?? The car is a 1987 IROC-Z with 16" wheels and a 3.08:1 limited slip rear end.
  The ECM is a 1227165 unit and the desired EPROM Codes (only 1 is required) are 1135ACYC (CA) or 1135ACXY (FED).
  What low cost burner is recommended??? Can I pull the EPROM out of my car, read the data into the burner, and make the BIN file??
  Thanks and Best Regards,
  Bruce Wilcox