Dwell Control

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Apr 10 14:01:25 GMT 1999

Well, I posted some time ago about the dwell control being in the module,
and was corrected that it is actually in the ecm program.  Tada, well, I was
correct, as well as the correction.  In the DIS Teachers manual they mention
that the dwell control is in the module, and that it is a closed loop dwell
control.  Meaning if the module doesn't sense that the coil (s) were fully
charged, then the dwell was adjusted.  What the ecm must do is try to
account for this correction, hence it has what looks to be dwell control in
it.  Again all of the above, IMHO, and from the GM DIS Teacher's Manual.
   Bruce