Dwell Control

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 01:08:04 GMT 1999

In a message dated 4/11/99 8:28:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wspoonemore at excite.com writes:

> All of the DIS systems are functionaly the same as the HEI,s.

There is SOMETHING different about the DIS systems.  But I don't know what it
is.  They don't work when given an EST signal that was meant to drive an HEI
module.  When I hook up a DIS coilpack to an ECM with an HEI .bin, the DIS
fires and I get no error codes BUT there is no response to any timing
commands from the ECM thru the EST.
IE you can set the base timing and start the car up and it will run with no
codes but the spark timing will remain at the base timing NO MATTER WHAT you
put in the spark table.
  Something in the EST signal must be different, but looking at the EST
signal from an HEI and DIS based .bin, I can't see the difference.  They
don't look inverted from each other either.

Ted