Dwell Control

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 03:47:26 GMT 1999

In a message dated 4/11/99 11:26:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wspoonemore at excite.com writes:

> Most DIS systems have two inputs, generaly  Cam and Crank, You haven cited
>  which DIS system you are using and how you are trying to use it.
>> It sounds
>  like you are trying to replace a dist sys ?

YES

>  Remenber the DIS module uses both sig's to sort all of this out, also the
>  ECM gets both signal from the engine, Cam and Crank.
>
>  I have done this on LT1's used a crank triger from a Cad.
>
>  Ward

I am using the DIS from a 2.8 - 3.1, '87 -'92 V6 (GM).  It is a batch fire
system.  There is one magnetic pickup that sends a synched signal (6+1) to
the DIS.  The DIS sends an un-synched signal to the ECM (similar to an HEI
system).
I am trying to get a .bin from an HEI based car (SyTy .bin) working with my
DIS module.  So far, no luck.

Ted