Dwell Control

Tedscj at aol.com Tedscj at aol.com
Mon Apr 12 04:20:07 GMT 1999

In a message dated 4/12/99 12:11:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
wspoonemore at excite.com writes:

> Thats what I guessed, How are yuou generating the Engine signal.
>
>  Also you may wish to consider simulating the normal signal to the DIS
module
>  etc. This will help ypu understand to process.
>
>  The DIS mudule should run ok on its own, with little or no advance if it
has
>  the proper input signal, else I think the default is waht you are seeing.
>
>  Ward

In the original engine, there was a wheel cast in to the crank with 7
"slots".  I just duplicated the pattern on a crank pulley for my engine.  I
am using a generic magnetic pick-up sensor (700 ohms I think).
The DIS does seem to work pretty well on its' own and yes I believe I am
seeing the default.
I just can't understand why it is not responding to the EST signal from the
ECM.

Ted