MEMCAL Stuff

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Apr 14 18:04:09 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Andrew K. Mattei <amattei at mindspring.com>
To: <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 1999 10:00 AM
Subject: Re: MEMCAL Stuff

I'd suggest finding out first if there is a VATS for sure.  Does the key
have a "resistor" built in?.  If so then get a wiring diagram and see if the
is a remote module for the VATS, and if it is a starter interupt, vs ecm
controlled injector disable.  Then armed with that info figure things out..
Like on some gm's a scotch lock connector will defeat a VATS for like 25
cents.

At one time I cornered the market on aftermarket chips for the 84 LG4
engine.
All manufacturers.  The only differences were when I changed the thermostat,
and then it didn't matter what brand of chip there was in it.  It was the
enrichment due to the operating temp that made the difference.

Then what got me doing EFI chips was being ripped off, by another clown..
Two rewrites were possible at $25 after spending $300.   First rewrite was
to get a chip for an automatic, rather than a manual tranny.  He said I told
him my car was a manual, ya right, I Forgot what tranny was in my
Bruce