MEMCAL Stuff

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 14 14:00:41 GMT 1999

"David A. Cooley" wrote:

> Track times before the ADS chip and after the ADS chip (same day at the
> track) were within  .1 sec of each other with identical MPH.

Good to know (in this one and only instance) that their chip is not far
off from the stock tuning. <G> Would suck if you bought it for
performance, though... That's what I was thinking that I'd heard about
them as well... Not much happenin' inside...

"Guenther,Max" wrote:

> Try searching the archives with vats as a subject word.  There is a post
> on a 91 iroc L98(730 ECM), but then again that may not help.

Yes, I found that one (did a search on VATS, and after an hour of back
and forth, did a search on "VATS and Camaro") <G>. Since this car is
non-TPI, uses a 746 ECM (which I haven't found much info on, other than
13 posts in the DIY-EFI archive, and none of those were "technical"
towards this ECM specifically), info is a bit sparse on it... Reading a
bunch of those posts, seems that GM likes to move their flags around -
so, one address in one MEMCAL probably won't apply to another MEMCAL...
I'd hate to burn this guy a new EPROM and get it wrong (he's not local
to me - he'd have to mail it here, I'd mail it back, etc...).

Thanks!

-Andrew