efi 165

Andrew K. Mattei amattei at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 17 14:17:50 GMT 1999

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> probably get by with a box of rocks for a calibration, and without the
> aeration that a fuel bowl sees, will seem really good.....

Wasn't the box of rocks calibration first used by GM in the original CCC
cars? <G> [1981 Camaro *was* a little on the heavy side ;^D] That cracks
me up. ;')

OK, here's a question. I've been closely examining one of the ECM hacks.
Of course, there's a lot of things in there I don't understand, but,
here's what I'm contemplating doing. My question is: does this seem
viable?

The hacks presented for the motor I'll be running ('89 TPI 350 L98, 165
ECM) have all been for the 'vette (I've seen a couple of 'em), but I'm
running the iron headed Camaro version. I'm under the *assumption* that
the aluminum heads allow more aggressive timing than with the iron
heads. So, I'll take the timing maps from an '89 iron head memcal (the
ones that are easy to spot with promedit) and insert them in to the
vette calibration, and then start my tweaking from there. My motor will
not be stock (heads, cam, exhaust, etc.), but it won't be so far from
stock that it won't run...

Thanks...

-Andrew