efi 165

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Sat Apr 17 14:34:29 GMT 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Andrew K. Mattei <amattei at mindspring.com>
To: <gmecm at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Sent: Saturday, April 17, 1999 10:17 AM
Subject: Re: efi 165

Don't assume.  TEST, TEST, TEST.
The engine will tell you what it wants, and do that.  This tuning the engine
to what you want is wrong.  Don't tune to run 36 degrees of advance.  Tune
to what performs best.
  In "general" the vette AL heads use less total advance, at WOT, and more
cruise advance then the iron counterparts.
  But, before ya do anything get some tools for measuring performance!!!..
Overall gearing/tires/chassis weight/tranny type/fuel
quality(octane)/driving style/EGR/converter design(torque), all play roles
in how much timing your engine wants.
  Also, less is more.....
Bruce

 but I'm