SEFI vs Batch

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Apr 19 08:26:52 GMT 1999

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> There was a comment that the 1228253 is a SEFI version of the 1227730.
> No being an EE was wondering how much of a difference that would be in
> hardware, 6 instead of 1 injector Driver(s), and an input for reference, and
> maybe a chip or two ?..

After the fourth or fifth 3800 showed up around here, I finally lucked
out and got the '8253 from one.  It has three, er four, extra chips in
addition to what the '7730 has.  One big one - probably an extra timer
module.  Another big one - this drives the six driver transistors.  A
tiny 8 pin chip - this might be an opamp or something.  And finally, a
fourth quad driver chip.

>   Then as far as the prom, that would be resetting some switches, right?.

There's quite a bit of code for the extra SEFI timer module.  Your not
going to get a '7730 program to talk SEFI by flipping a few bits.

If you are getting a '8253 from a yard, get the orange harness connector
too.  The keying of the orange plug is different than the yellow/green
of the 7730.

PS Bruce, can I send Clumsy back to HQ?  It took 2 1/2 hours to get an
engine block mounted on an engine stand, and the attaching arms are all
twisted into a knot.  Clumsy also mistook a finger for a freeze plug driver.