SEFI vs Batch

DC Smith dcsmith at bytes.net
Thu Apr 22 08:30:06 GMT 1999

Ludis,
 Got any more info in the 8253? After reading this post the other day,
and was already headed to the bone yard, I grabbed one with a ATXZ code
on it. (89 (?) 3800 Oldsmobuick) I Like SFI boxes. :) I need to adapt my
chip burner to these chips anyhoo.. want a copy of the .bin?

Ludis Langens wrote:

> Bruce Plecan wrote:
> >
> > There was a comment that the 1228253 is a SEFI version of the 1227730.
> > No being an EE was wondering how much of a difference that would be in
> > hardware, 6 instead of 1 injector Driver(s), and an input for reference, and
> > maybe a chip or two ?..
>
> After the fourth or fifth 3800 showed up around here, I finally lucked
> out and got the '8253 from one.  It has three, er four, extra chips in
> addition to what the '7730 has.  One big one - probably an extra timer

Dan Smith      84 Regal   12.13 at 112     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:dcsmith at bytes.net
http://www.tetranet.net/users/morepoweral