Emulator Come on guys

Patrick G. Moore pmoore at cmr.gov
Wed Apr 21 19:33:27 GMT 1999

Hi Dave

David A. Cooley wrote:
> Mike Pitts wrote:
> >That's one I found on the net some number of years ago.
> >I don't think it's the same one Dave C. is making. They
> >didn't include a PCB layout with it unfortunately, so
> >someone would have to design one for it.
>
> I'm actually working on that PCB as we speak...
> I redid the PCM of the Paulandmark design as they used a single sided PCB
> with about 50 jumpers...
> I went double sided and it requires no jumpers.

That means, you have already done the one at
http://www.paulandmark.u-net.com/electron/Computer/Eprom_Emulator/
as a double sided layout, and thats what the beta is?  And now
you are working on the one at
http://www.emi.net/~mpitts/PROM-EMU.ZIP as the next generation?

> Patrick G. Moore wrote:
>>OK.  Unless it can be used for a 2732 I guess not.  The instructions
>>say that it would be difficult to modify for that use.  I don't know
>>if you are of a different opinion, but it seems to me an adapter could
>>be made similar to the one described in
>>http://www.emi.net/~mpitts/PROM-EMU.ZIP
>>What do you think?

>That adapter should work... The emulator can emulate a 2764 and you'd just
>be using the bottom half of the address space.

If this is the case, and since this one doesn't require chip burning like
 http://www.concentric.net/~Sanjaya/svt/smartROM.shtml
sounds good.

Pat
patm at cais.com