1227165 Tuning Advice

Walter Sherwin wsherwin at idirect.com
Fri Apr 23 00:09:34 GMT 1999

>I think the ECM is learning over time. The long term BLM is low (110) but
>the short term integrator is around 128. I believe this indicates that the
>ECM has compensated.

1) What is the BCC and original application of the software package you are
running?

2) When you punch it, and run WOT, what exactly do the BLM, BLM CELL, and
INT read?  Does the INT change to 128 as soon as you go WOT?

3) When driving around town, do you see CLOSED LOOP = YES  or LEARNED A/F =
YES?

4) 110 seems like a pretty low learned BLM value.

5)  Do you have any missing "inputs" such as VSS or P/N or others that the
OE software may have relied upon?  When driving around town, does the BLM
CELL always stay fixed at one or two values?

6)  Is your fuel pressure relief valve cutting back the fuel pressure during
idle and vac conditions?

Sorry for all the questions, but these are vital clues for determining what
you have and how it is working.

Walt.